Tuesday 27 November 2012

Journalistic Writing- Lana Del Rey Interview


We have finally been given the chance to talk to music’s most secretive star Lana Del Rey. We are excited.  As soon as the interview was confirmed a million things ran through our mind, what do we ask first? At first we wanted to ask about her ‘romance’ with A$AP Rocky, then we thought it’d be more professional to ask about her album ‘Born To Die’ or her new Autumn/Winter H&M campaign. We have to say we are surprised that she agreed considering the backlash she’s been getting in the media lately, many saying they hate her because she’s been manufactured. However some say they love her because of her passionate singles ‘Video Games’ and ‘Blue Jeans.’ So, after we’ve greeted the controversial star we sit down and try to get some answers from her.

It seems your career has started over night. How have you dealt with the past few years?
When I was in Brooklyn I was going to open-mic nights, it was mostly folk nights. When I was 19 I was offered a contract with an independent record label, not much happened with them, I still wanted to sing but I decided to focus on being an active member of the community. It’s only the last six months that I’ve had all of this attention.

What did you do to try and get your career back on track?
Well there’s been a lot of speculation about me having a relationship with somebody that worked with Interscope, which is a joke as I’ve never even met anyone from Interscope. I went to a few record labels in London almost a year ago and showed them a few songs that I recorded back then and none of them liked it. I’ve only just met the people that I’ve signed with so it’s all new and exciting.

There has been a lot of speculation about your lips. Have you had any surgery?
I haven’t! I’m asked that question more than I’m asked about my music. Nope, I’m sorry I haven’t had any surgery I’m just naturally pouty.

Your album ‘Born to Die’ is about heartbreak, what made you want to relive the memories and make a whole album singing about it?
 I love that album! It was very therapeutic to write and record. It’s my favourite album that I’ve recorded,  there were moments when I thought ‘I can’t do this,’ there was tears, laughter and times when I really missed the person it was about but I went through with it and I’m so happy that I did. I feel like it helped me grow as a person, it’ll be nice to listen back to it in a few years.

Since your collaboration with A$AP Rocky on “National Anthem” there have been a lot of rumours about a secret relationship with him. Can we be the first you tell about this?
I love A$AP! It was cute that he said he had a crush on me before we did the video. The video was fun to shoot, I loved it! But as for the World exclusive (Lana smiles and stays silent until we ask her the next question.)

Okay! So we’ll have to ask A$AP for that exclusive. How did you feel when H&M asked you to be the model for their new Autumn/Winter range?  
(Lana smiles and pauses before answering the question) I am so excited for everyone to see the range! I’m honoured that I was asked to do it as I’m always looking around H&M. My favourite items from the range are the white peplum top and cosmic leggings. The range is affordable and it all looks good individually or pieced together with other items from the range!






















Tell us what you think about Lana Del Rey’s photo shoot for the brand new H&M range.



No comments:

Post a Comment